Hello, I’m Andy, a qualified counsellor and psychotherapist from Glasgow.
I work with clients in-person and online. Working online means I’m able to help people from across the UK and other parts of the world.
I have my own private practice based in Finnieston, Glasgow having previously worked as a therapist for CrossReach, who provide counselling services across the UK.
Alongside training and working as a therapist, for over a decade I’ve been fortunate enough to work in the sports industry, as a communications specialist and writer.
During this time I became close to a number of professional athletes across a range of sports.
I became really interested in them as a human rather than an athlete, understanding what lies beneath their public persona.
We would end up talking about normal, everyday life stuff which they appreciated. Many of them began to open up as we connected in this new way. A more authentic, trusting relationship formed and at times they would open up about the mental and emotional pressures of professional sport. It was this new way of relating which inspired me down a different life path, and towards working as the therapist I am today.
Counselling/Psychotherapy training & qualifications.
- Certificate in Person Centred Counselling, University of Glasgow.
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy, The Garnethill Centre, Glasgow.
- Certificate in Online/Telephone Counselling: training recognised by The National Counselling Society, BACP and Association for Counselling & Therapy Online (ACTO).
- Certificate in Life Coaching, Chrysalis training institute (ongoing training).
Continuing Personal Development (CPD).
I keep up to date with new developments in my field via training courses and through online educational platforms. I am also in personal therapy myself. This has made me a more informed, empathetic therapist and has hugely improved the quality of my day-to-day life and relationship with others.
- Avoidant Attachment – The Defence Against Intimacy, Confer Seminar, London (January 2022).
- Nine-hour CPD, Working With Existing Clients, COVID 19 Telehealth course, Moving Your Practice Online (April 2020).
- Two-day CPD Residential Weekend, The Tom Allan Centre (2019).
- One-day CPD event: How to Care & Prevent Practitioner Burnout, The Wynd Centre (2018).
If I can help you or someone you know, then please don’t hesitate to get in touch, here.